Marica's meanderings

Sunday, January 09, 2005

A picture is worth 1000 words

Is it really? Why do we always have captions with our images then? Images communicate powerful messages but not always those intended by the sender. They also invoke strong emotions.

The Scream by Edvard MunchThis image depicts exactly how I'm feeling at the moment and I decided to share it with you. I'm sure you'll all recognise it.

My day has been spent trying to make things work on my computer and the frustration level is very high at the moment.

I know I have mentioned this before but... here I go again... I can understand why people get fed up and don't want to go anywhere near a computer and the software contained within it. I have wasted precious hours today trying to make things work when I could have been doing something a lot more productive like going for a walk in the fresh air. Screaming seems to be a fantastic option at the moment. I hope the neighbours don't mind.

I was walking along the road with two of my friends. Then the sun set. Suddenly the sky became a bloody red and I felt a tinge of Melancholy - a sucking pain beneath my heart. I stopped, leaned against the railing, dead tired. Over the blue black fjord and city hung blood and tongues of fire. My friends walked on and I stood again trembling with fright and I felt as if a loud unending scream were piercing nature.
Edvard Munch 1892

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home