Marica's meanderings

Saturday, January 14, 2006

People who give unconditionally

Angels are everywhere when you open your eyes to see themBefore getting on to what I am really supposed to be doing (yes, you guessed it, my research!) I decided to read some of my regular blogs. In light of my recent meanderings about life, I couldn't wait until I wrote again to draw your attention to this post from Trevor Romain.

Yesterday my cousin told me how fantastic the Victim Support people had been over the past week. The discussion veered to how do these people do it, and where do they get their strength from to face all these sad situations on a daily basis. I made the comment that it is not all about giving and being drained because you get so much more back in return. This is what keeps these people going. Everyone looked at me. Imagine my surprise when I read what Trevor had to say on this topic. He says it so much better though.

There are angels on earth. They come disguised in many different shapes and sizes.

Blog Hui, 17-18 March 2006, Wellington, NZBy the way, Trevor is coming to Wellington in March for Blog Hui. I cannot wait to meet him. Why don't you come along too?

3 Comments:

  • By Blogger OORANOS, at 9:51 PM  

  • You should see my laundry sink! So clear I can almost see my relfection - and yes, despite the trials of the past few days - I'm smiling.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:33 PM  

  • It never ceases to amaze me how it is the simple things in life that bring us pleasure. Sometimes I wonder whether what we are searching for is actually right there in front of us but we are so determined to search for something which we probably don't even want when we find it. I have to admit I shined my kitchen sink the other night while waiting for the jug to boil and as I looked at the product of this little exercise I also smiled. Maybe the answers are that simple if we allow them to be. We are in control of the way we react to things and what we feel. It sounds so simple yet I know it is not from bitter experience. Have a wonderful day and keep smiling.

    By Blogger Marica Sevelj, at 12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home