Marica's meanderings

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

When the shoe is on the other foot

Setting an example is not the main means of influencing another, it is the only means.
Albert Einstein

I received some work for marking from one of my learners the other day. Tucked inside was a card my learner had made for me. I was so incredibly touched.

A few days earlier in a phone conversation she had asked me how my own studies were going. She had been reading my blog. She wanted to know more about blogging. She was excited and so was I. We had a great discussion. I have never met this learner and she commented that she hopes one day she will get to meet me in person!

Congratulations
A card from one of my learnersIt was so wonderful to have one of my learners acknowledge my achievement. It felt great. It made me wonder about why it is that we don't often take the time to celebrate our own successes or those of others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home